How green are you?

Today, there are many ways to learn green practices. I think the main one is the oral transfer, one person talk to other about her or his practices and this one talk to other and so on. Other way is how children can learn watching some children’s programs on TV, from internet, from advertising in newspapers, on TV, in radios, even more in some products packaging.

I’ve incorporated recycling habits to my life, in this way I’m teaching to my daughter and son showing them my practices. I´m recycling paperboard, and I give it to the people who collect it in the street; I’m disposing the glass bottles and containers in a COANIQUEM container; I put in a plastic bottle bags and others plastic to create a green-brick which are collected in the GAM; aluminum cans are collected by my daughter to sale them later; organic wastes are left in a container in order to make compost.

My family does not use the bicycle or walking, because we live far from our jobs, school or university, but still trying to reduce the car pollution with many other little green practices.
Regarding to environmental organizations, I have not join any of them, because I believe the activities in this king of organizations require spending a lot of time and I could never do it.
What I do to reduce my carbon footprint is to plant many trees, we plant a new tree every time possible, and up to date we already planted more than 50 trees, of which about 42 survived. Also we are reducing our domestic waste as much as possible. Among other things, we don’t drop burned oil directly into the drain but we put it in a glass container to dispose it into the trash, we don’t dump the batteries in the trash but we leave them in a special container to collect the batteries to recycle them later.

We are always awake to implement any practice to preserve our environment and keep clean our planet and give it to our children the best environment possible.

Our society is still lack of awareness about the damage that we are doing to the planet with each of our small actions and lack the desire to spend a little time in trying to reduce the harm.

0 comentarios:



Publicar un comentario